Hide Departure Date

I have a problem.
I use the booking request form for a restaurant, something very simple with few fields.
By eliminating, not applicable; Departure Date I get this error:

“Errors found in the form

There is a Problem with the form, please check and correct the Following:
The departure date has to be after the arrival date ”

Should be always fechad and output? but for a restaurant is not necessary.
Can you help me?

Thank you.

Delete the field at all and don’t hide it.

Hi:

Deleting the field related with “date-to” doesn’t fix the problem cos the datepicker stills waiting a second click, so if you click twice over the calendar it selects two days or a week…

As is obvious for a restaurant this useless and it’s possible to mess dates and confuse the user, so, is there a solution?

Thanks in advance.

You can add the attribute select=”1″ to your calendar shortcode to only allow one click.

sorry, nope, it doesn’t work inside easyreservations widget, if I type [select=”1″] I can read [select=”1″] in homepage and still selecting 2 dates

It’s an shortcode attribute for the calendar. The widget doesn’t have this function.
Regards

Hello, was this ever resolved? I have added [select=”1″] to my form and it just reads select=”1″ on my form page. I too am using this for dining reservations and have no need for a departure date. I have deleted the Departure field, and get the same error “The departure date has to be after the arrival date”

Am I doing something wrong?

It’s a attribute of the calendars shortcode and has nothing todo with the form.
Please a link to the form for the problem.
Regards

http://037700b.netsolvps.com/pub-ala-carte-dining-reservations/

Thanks!

Could reserve without problems. Maybe try to add [hidden units 1] to your form.
Regards

Yes, it works at 12:00. But try it at 15:00 or some other hour that it is open. Fyi, it is only open Thursday-Sunday 12:00 – 20:00. It only works at 12:00.

It was a real logical issue that caused your problem. Took some time to work around it, but the compatibility to all possible form date set ups should be better now. Hope it doesn’t cause problems with something I’ve forgot.
You can download the fix in the new beta.
Regards

Thank you, I really appreciate it, but I am still getting the same message. Is there something I need to change in my resources or settings? I downloaded the beta version, unzipped and uploaded it to my plugins folder on my ftp.

What’s the problem exactly now? As the setup is different now I can’t find an error.
Regards

Sorry, I switched it back to the way it was. Without a departure date listed in the form, I am still receiving the same error message that departure date must be after arrival date.

The thread ‘Hide Departure Date’ is closed to new replies.

Not Support
19 posts Thread is closed for discussion