When I have search form and book from on same page, calendars don't work

When I put on the same page the search module and the form module, I find that the From/To dates calendars don’t work properly.

I have a page and I have added the following modules through the “e” button in the rich editor of the page
– search module
– form module selecting one of my resources

This way I have on the page a search form to search any desired dates for available resources and I have the current resource description with the form so I can check price and book the resource.

THE PROBLEM is that with this configuration the dates in the FORM module don’t seem to work.
I select for example the 6th May on the FROM field and the calendar selects the 7th. Besides, it makes unavailable any date prior the 7th, so I cannot change that selection anymore.
Then no matter what I select on the TO field the system only displays the date that appears in the FROM field.

I think this is happening because the FROM/TO fields on both modules share the same ID and NAME so the system gets confused.

Can you please look into this and let me know when this can be fixed?

Thanks
Juan

You’re right, but it’s hasen’t much sense to use them on the same page. I mean the only way to get data from the search form to the form is to submit. In your case it would submit to the same page and don’t focus the form which would be quite confusing. And if you don’t want to get the data from the search form there’s no reason to have it.
Or why do you want them on one page?

Basically you would want this in case you want to allow your customers to have the possibility to search for other resources while you are at the internal resource page trying to book something.

For example, I am at an internal resource page where I have this booking form. If I don’t like what I read about this resource I may want to run another search to see other possibilities.

In our case we are implementing a hotel website. We have put the search box in the header, so it’s visible across the site. We moved the DIV where the results are loaded into the template, so at any page of the site you can do a search for rooms on your desired dates.

Therefore you do the search, you get the search results page, click on one resource to get to the room details.
And here you see the room description, the calendar with booked and available dates and the booking form.
You also see the global search control on the header.

And this is what makes this set up not to work, the dates within the booking form don’t work due to the global search control.

Is fixed for next beta.
Regards

Thank you

Let me know when the new beta is available so I can download and test.

I have the same problem here too. My search function doesn’t work!

New beta with this fix is out.
@kokweeyen
You’re sure this thread describes your problem?

Regards

Hi,

This is the code I inserted for searchform

[easy_search style=”1″ theme=”list” submit_button=”Search” reserve_text=”Reserve now!” width=”100″ form_url=”http://www.rewards2u.com.my/booking-form/” resourcename=”Room” start=”1″ searchdirectly=”1″ unavail=”1″ image=”1″ img_x=”100″ img_y=”100″ price=”1″ availability=”1″ more=”1″ content=”500″ calendar=”15″ calendar_mode=”none”]

then you can see this is the error I got:-
http://www.rewards2u.com.my/searchfrom/

It stated no arrival field. What does this mean?

2. Are there anywhere to change the label in my Booking Form that instead of using Resources, can I change to Tour Package? I know for widget I can do it, but booking form I don’t know how.

3. Are they anyway to show my customer on the calculation to get the final price? For example those airlines website where they have breakdown on the fuel charges, taxes, etc etc to get the Final Price.

Please open your own thread if it’s not exactly the same.

1. Under settings -> searchBar you can define how the bar of the search form should work. In it you’ve deleted the field for the arrival ([date-from]) and without it the search function wont work.

2. Under Settings -> Form you can change every character of the form.

3. Only with the invoice.
Regards

Is the new beta available?

Yes

You must be logged in to reply in this thread.

Not Resolved
11 posts